1. What is PAR?
PAR which stands for Performance Appraisal Report, is the way of confidential reporting has been recognized as a tool for human resource development. Confidential rolls provide basic inputs for assessing the performance of an official and are indicative of his/her potential for further advancement in the career.
2. How many authorities are involved in PAR Confidential rolls process?
There are four types of users who are involved in PAR workflow process. First Officers reported upon fills and submit the PAR online.
There will be three levels of assessment in the confidential reporting process namely.
- Reporting Authorities who are in immediate control and supervision of the Officers Report Upon (ORU).
- Countersigned Authorities/ Reviewing Authorities who supervise the work of the Reporting authorities and have occasion to watch/inspect the work of the officers in sufficient details.
- Accepting Authorities who, in most cases, supervise the work of the countersigned authorities and have access to the work of officers concerned.
3. When Officer Reporting Upon will submit the PAR in every year?
Officer reporting upon fills and submit the PAR online in the month of April of every year.
4. Which month reporting Authority will submit the remarks to reviewing authority about the received PAR from officer reporting upon employees?
Reporting Authority will submit the remarks to Reviewing authority about the received PAR from officer reporting upon employees by 30th June of every year.
5. Which month reviewing Authority will submit the remarks to accepting authority about the received PAR from officer reporting upon employees?
Reviewing Authority will submit the remarks to the Accepting authority about the received PAR from officer reporting upon employees by the end of July of every year.
6. Which month Accepting Authority will submit the final record to the concerned Administrative department?
Accepting Authority will submit the Final PAR to the concerned administrative department by the end of August of every year.
7. If Accepting Authority is not available then how par will be submitted?
If Accepting Authority is not available then PAR will be submitted to the concerned administrative department by the end of August of every year.
8.From which date the system for online filing of PAR will be effective?
It would become effective from 1st April, 2015.
9.What is the name of the application for online filing of PAR?
The name of the application is PAR which stands for Performance Appraisal Report Recording Window and is available at http://hrmsorissa.gov.in
10.How will I access the PAR application?
PAR application can be accessed through the provided HRMS login USER ID and password.
11.What should I do if I am not having login USER ID and Password?
You have to contact District Coordinator or you can send mail to the email id email@example.com with valid government employee identity proof for availing HRMS login USER ID and Password. After getting the login USER ID and password, the user can access the site by clicking the website address hrmsorissa.gov.in. A PAR link appears on the left side of the home page.
- Click the link.
- A new login page opens in a new tab of the browser.
- Employee can use the provided login USER ID and password to enter in to the PAR.
12. What is Request for NRC?
NRC indicates No Remark Certificate. It can be applied by the employee due following reasons such as
- Period of the Employee is less than 4 months
- Availed commuted leave.
- Extension of joining time.
- Employee is on training.
- Employee is under suspension.
13. How do I attach my medical report, leave order, appreciation letters, etc. with my PAR Submission in case of NRC (No Remark Certificate)?
The medical report, leave sanction order, appreciation letters, etc. could be uploaded by the employee at the given financial year where the appraiser would be recording his self-appraisal by following the steps indicated below:
- The employee needs to scan all the documents which he/she wants to upload in a single PDF or any other format of Microsoft office.
- Press the button “Reference Document Upload” given at the upload section.
- Choose the file from your computer to upload.
14. Is it possible that when I submit my PAR to my Reporting Authority, it may go to some other officer?
The flow of submission of PAR in respect of every officer would be pre-defined by the General Administration Department/Personnel Dept. When the officer reported upon (ORU) would submit his self-appraisal, it will automatically go to the Inbox of his pre-defined Reporting Authority. As soon as the PAR is submitted by the ORU, a message will appear on the screen displaying the name of the officer to whom the PAR has been sent. The ORU would receive an alert in this regard on his mobile number as well as in his registered HRMS email ID.
15. When will the PAR be disclosed to me?
General Administration Department would disclose the PAR to the officer by sending it online in his Inbox of application once it gets completed. Employee would also get an alert regarding this on his registered mobile phone and HRMS email ID.
16. Can I take a printout of my PAR?
Yes, the user can take a printout of the PAR as the self-appraisal submitted by him to his Reporting Officer as well as the duly complete PAR sent to him by the General Administration Department for disclosure would remain in the Sent Items and Inbox respectively.
17. For which period Officer reporting upon will submit the PAR?
Officer reporting upon will submit the PAR with context to the financial year (e.g. April 2014 to March 2015 for year 2014-15) to the reporting authority and same will be continued every financial year.
The period of online submission of PAR is April 1st to April 30th.
18. Can Officer reporting upon will submit the PAR of one year starting from January to December to the more than one reporting authority?
Yes Officer reporting upon can submit the Par of one year to more than one authority.
19. If Officer reporting upon will submit the PAR of one year starting from January to December to the reporting authority and reporting authority is transferred from September and a new authority has joined from October onwards then how officer can submit the PAR?
In this case officer has to submit the PAR from January to September to one reporting authority and rest of the PAR is to be submitted to the newly joined reporting authority.
20. How will I distinguish between my PAR and PAR of coworkers which I would have to assess?
The application has separate tabs in the Inbox of the Employees i.e.
My PAR -> where he can see his own PAR
Assess PAR -> To view and record the PARs of his subordinates.
21. What safety measures have been taken to keep the document sacrosanct?
The application has adequate inbuilt mechanism to ensure that nobody can tamper with the data.
22. Is there any mechanism for reminding the officer with whom the PAR is pending?
The application has provision for sending auto alerts to the concerned officer(s) with whom the PAR would be pending beyond the specified time.